Your Pet's Appointments
An appointment is to be made for all consultations and surgical procedures.
If your pet has multiple concerns, please ask for a longer appointment as this will help to minimise waiting times.
All emergencies will be seen immediately.
Your Pet's Fees
Like us, every pet is different.
The time spent upon examination, investigation, testing, diagnosis, advice, drugs, materials and consumables will vary. Fees are determined by these and are subject to GST.
There may be situations where it will be difficult for us to be accurate with quotes, and final treatment may be more complex than first anticipated.
Payment is required in full at the time of consultation or prior to collection of your pet from hospital.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, eftpos and cash.
Due to the nature of running a small business, unfortunately we are unable to offer payment plans or accounts, however pet insurance may help to off-set.
Your Pet's Medication
The majority of drugs for your pet are only only available on prescription. This means that we would need to see your pet before we could dispense medication to patients that are not under our care nor if we haven't seen them within a six month period.
It is in the best interest of your pet that they receive the correct treatment for their condition and have a health review. This will normally involve a consultation and health examination with the veterinarian.
Complaints and Suggestions
Please speak to Amber our head vet nurse or Dr Sue Lapham so we can have a conversation about any feedback , suggestions or complaints. Ours is a small business therefore you can e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavour to return your email within 5 working days.
Indooroopilly Veterinary Clinic recognises that your privacy is important and that you have a right to know how your personal information is used at Indooroopilly Veterinary Clinic.
The main purposes as to why we collect, hold and use your personal information are:
- to provide the most appropriate and effective professional veterinary care for your pet
- to communicate with you about upcoming appointments, health checks, vaccinations and other related veterinary care for your pets
- to answer your questions, provide you with information or advice (including general pet health advice) or consider and respond to requests or complaints made by you.
Normally we collect personal information from you directly
- when your pet comes into the clinic for treatment
- registration forms or other documentation
- during conversations with our reception staff, which may be made by phone, in person or electronically.
For the purposes of providing Veterinary Services to your pet, the personal information we collect about you include
- name and contact details (including residential address, email address, telephone numbers and mobile numbers)
- pet ownership details
Indooroopilly Vet Clinic endeavours to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Please let us know if your contact details change. This also applies to keeping your pet's microchip details up to date. If unsure as to how, please ask one of our team members for more information.
If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. Information held in electronic form is held on a server. All computer applications use security software, password protection and other measures to ensure that personal information stored is protected from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Personal information collected in hard copy (paper) form may be converted to electronic form. Information held in paper-based form is generally securely stored at our clinic.
We may disclose your personal information to other veterinary care professionals in the course of the provision of veterinary care to your pet or animal (where this is consistent with our veterinary surgeons' legal and professional obligations).
We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes required for the administration and operation
- training of your pet's team
- obtaining advice from professional consultants
- to comply with laws or regulations
- to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities (including with respect to quarantine, public health and notifiable diseases)
- managing, monitoring and evaluating our services
Indooroopilly Vet Clinic may send you communications to keep you informed about products and services for the health of your pet via email or regular mail.
Note: The term 'secure' or 'securely' mentioned, means that all reasonably known measures are implemented.